Recent movies like “Alt Right- Age of Rage” and the Academy Award-winning short film “Skin” as well as the feature by the same name have shown some of the work done by our founder Daryle Lamont Jenkins.
Born in Newark, New Jersey and raised in nearby Somerset, Daryle became influenced by the civil rights movement as a young man. Reading about “enemies” of the civil rights movement made him wonder what happened to the KKK members. Where are they now? Are the leading normal lives and no one knows?
At 19, while serving in the military, Daryle saw an episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show on Skinheads. That grew into a lifelong passion for documenting hate politics on the right.
Upon returning from the service, he became a part of the punk rock scene. He produced two public access programs about the music he was promoting, and political activism. His work cased conflict with his position as a reporter and an editor for local newspapers.
One People’s Project
With the founding of One People’s Project, his passion found a home. More importantly, One People’s Project played an instrumental role in causing the collapse of hate groups throughout the country. Daryle’s efforts have exposed those involved in hate politics nationwide. People trying to escape white power circles find support here as well. Bryon Widner is featured in the documentary “Erasing Hate” after working with Daryle to get out of the skinhead movement. “Erasing Hate” has now been turned into a feature-length motion picture! “Skin” starring Jamie Bell, Danielle Macdonald, Vera Farmiga and Mike Colter playing Daryle.
Idavox , the media outlet of One People’s Project, keeps us up to date with the latest reports from around the country on hate groups. One People’s Project aims to form a larger community of activists dedicated to antifascist work. The conditions in this country that can lead to racism must be fought at all levels of society.
Daryle was a consulting producer of the short film “Skin”, which won the 2019 Academy Award for Best Live Action Short and has appeared on The Rachel Maddow Show, The Montel Williams Show, 20/20, and AM Joy.
Interviews & Appearances
Below is a partial listing of media appearances and media mentions by One People’s Project’s founder. We keep adding to this so please return periodically for updates.
- Meet Daryle Lamont Jenkins, Insatiable Doxxer of Fascists and Nazis – Wired, Mar 26, 2017
- Local Antifa leader: ‘I fight what’s wrong and I know I’m winning’– Philly Voice, Mar 29, 2017
- This Man Is Kicking White Supremacists’ Ass and Literally Taking Names – The Root, April 6, 2017
- Anti-Fascist Activist from Pennsylvania Recounts an Afternoon of Horror in Charlottesville – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Aug. 16, 2017 (paywall)
- The Public Face of Antifa – Slate, Aug 22, 2017
- Showing Hate an Open Door – Al Dia, Feb 14, 2018
- ‘Alt-Right: Age of Rage’ is a Thoughtful Ode to Anti-Fascism – Texas Observer, Mar 9, 2018
- ‘Skin’ filmmaker shares story of real-life racism and the road to redemption – Religion News Service Aug. 2, 2019
- Will free speech mean more hate speech on Twitter under Elon Musk? – USA Today, April 25, 2022