NAME:Jean Philippe Rushton
A/K/A:Phillipe Rushton, Phillippe Rushton, Philip Rushton
HOME BASE:Possibly: 675 Richmond St. #907, London, Ontario (Canada)
DOB: Dec. 3, 1943, Bournemouth, England
DOD: Oct 2, 2012, London, Ontario
J. Philippe Rushton was the father of the modern day scientific and intellectual racists. Deriving his resources from the pro-Nazi racist research program, the Pioneer Fund which he eventually headed up, Rushton carried the tradition of writing countless Nazi-style racist research works since the scientific racism days of Nazi Germany.
A professor in psychology in the University of Western Ontario, Rushton’s earlier controversial history began when he presented a paper at the Symposium on Evolutionary Theory, Economics, and Political Science on 1989. He classified all human beings somewhere among the three major racial groups: Black (Negroid), White (Caucasoid), Asian (Mongoloid). He claimed to have scientific evidence of an inherited link between brain size, intelligence and race, where Blacks and Asians are on opposite ends and Whites are in between. Blacks, according to Rushton, have larger genitals, making them more promiscuous, and smaller brains, making them less intelligent than whites and Asians. Using 60 different measures, Rushton ranked the races along an evolutionary scale with blacks at the bottom and Asians at the top. 
Rushton’s racial research went far beyond noticing minor physical characteristics, such as why whites have lighter skin and blacks have darker skin. Rushton’s agenda was to segregate the human sub-race groups as entirely separate races and beings, in order to portray his perceived genetic inferiority of Blacks to justify segregation and legalized racism. Rushton had become a scientific reference figure for many white supremacy and hate groups to justify their racism. Some noteable racists who embrace Rushton’s ideology are:
- Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke.
- Pseudo-scientific racist Steve Sailer. Rushton is a key member of Sailer’s Human Biodiversity group.
- Jared Taylor (Rushton has spoken at American Renaissance conferences since 1996 and contributed to the publication)
- Sam Dickson.
- VDare, a white separatist group led by Peter Brimelow.
Rushton’s key point was to segregate Blacks as an inferior race, declaring Africans having far less intelligence than white people. Therefore, by Rushton’s theory, the evolutionary “survival strategy” of Africans does not rely on intelligence, but on promiscuous sexual breeding. This fraudulent analysis has led Rushton to claim that genetically inherited sexual promiscuity is responsible for single-parent families and the AIDS epidemic among Canadians and Americans of African descent, as well as increased crime rates among Blacks. 
What was especially dangerous about Rushton was his influence on mainstream public policy. His racist research to portray Blacks as genetically inferior in mental capacity has been used as a weapon to justify denying employment and equal education and economic status against Blacks. Instead of shouting out hateful racial slurs, Rushton disguised his racist propaganda in intellectual scientific terminology to carry out his agenda.
Beyond his close circle of right-wing racists, Rushton has been consistently rejected by scientists, educators, and the general public. Then Prime Minister of Ontario, David Peterson, declared Rushton’s arguments ‘offensive to the way Ontario thinks’, and called for the University to dismiss him; a group of students lodged a complaint about him with the Ontario Human Rights Commission. He was not fired nor suspended, but when he tried to give classes, the students themselves howled him down. Poor Rushton was forced to lecture to the television cameras, safe from the howling mob (Berton, 1993). 
Even the Canadian police found interest in Rushton’s works. Rushton was investigated several times by the Canadian police for possible violations of Canada’s hate crime laws, for promoting hatred against any identifiable group. Eventually, in the words of attorney-general Ian Scott, the police decided that Rushton’s theories were ‘loony but not criminal’ and therefore dropped all criminal charges. 
Because Rushton was consistently rejected by the scientific community for his faulty empirical data and unscientific research methods, his sole source to fund his racist research program was the fascist group, the Pioneer Fund. The Pioneer Fund was established in 1937 by the American white supremacist multimillionaire Wickliffe Draper and others who were supportive of Nazi race policies in Germany. The incorporation papers of the Fund states its policy to support the “procreation of the white colonial stock” and to finance research into “problems of race betterment” and “problems of heredity and eugenics in the human race.” 
Among the projects supported by the Pioneer Fund: 
- Pay for the distribution of a Nazi propaganda film, “Hereditary Defective” to high schools, colleges, and churches across the US. The film was produced by the Racial Political Office of the Nazi Party, and had been authorized directly by Adolf Hitler.
- In the 1950s and 60s, the Fund aligned itself with white racist factions opposed to the desegregation of education.
- Since the mid-1960s, Pioneer Fund money in the millions of dollars has bankrolled numerous racist and fascist psychologists – Rushton, Jensen, Cattell, Shuey, Eysenck, and many others – as well as William Shockley’s scheme to pay African-Americans to have themselves “voluntarily” sterilized.>
- In the early 1970s, the Pioneer Fund paid the Foundation of Human Understanding to distribute hundreds of free copies of pamphlets by white supremacist psychologists Richard Herrnstein and Arthur Jensen to the registrars’ offices of universities across the US in a blatant attempt to influence administration policies against the admittance of African-American students.
- In 1994, longtime Pioneer fund recipients Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray wrote the book, The Bell Curve, denouncing blacks as genetically inferior because of IQ test scores. A lot of right-wing racists organizations like the Pioneer Fund, the Bradley Foundation, and the Manhattan Institute had close involvement in funding the research and marketing of the Bell Curve.
- In 1998, Arthur Jensen (professor at the University of California at Berkeley) received another massive grant for his book, the g Factor. A mirror copy of ex-professor Chris Brand in Scotland who got fired in 1996 for writing the g Factor, the book is a Bell Curve imitation.
Being a primary recipient of the Pioneer fund for over 20 years and receiving over a cumulative half-a-million dollars, Rushton became the new leader of the Pioneer Fund in January 2003 to help spread the cause of Nazi-style racist research. He held that position until 2012 when Rushton, suffering from a long illness, died on the same day Jared Taylor was at Towson University speaking to a majority black audience and pretending he never said blacks were inferior to whites.